This is something I support my clients to become, supplementing their skills and boosting their confidence when it comes to meetings, pitches, negotiations, speaking and presentations. I’m also the trainer for the IDM and The Association of Association Executives on this subject.
Here is my list of recommended reading on the subject.
I’d be interested to hear yours. Do get in touch.
- Show and Tell: How everybody can make extraordinary presentations: Dan Roam
- Persuading Aristotle: A masterclass in the timeless art of business persuasion Peter Thompson
- Talk Like Ted: The nine public speaking secrets of the world’s top minds: Carmine Gallo
- TED Talks: The official TED guide to public speaking: Chris Anderson
- Unlimited Power: Good on visual, auditory and kinaesthetic modes (NLP) Anthony Robbins
- Mindset: How you can fulfil your potential: Carol Dweck
- The Chimp Paradox: Dr Steve Peters. (Good on gremlins, he calls them chimps.)
- Snap: Making the most of first impressions, Body language and charisma: Patti Wood
- Watch TED Talks: great resource of talented speakers to watch and learn from online.
- Attend events: Find events where the speakers interest you. Go along and study their style.
Thanks for reading.